Since COVID 19 is still on everyone’s mind, here are a few main differences on how to distinguish it from allergies:
Common symptoms of both: both may have
- dry cough,
- sometimes shortness of breath.
Corona virus usually causes
- in some cases, aches and pains,
- sore throat and
- stomach upset.
- low oxygen saturation
Allergies often cause
- multiple sneezing or sneezing attacks, that gets worse with exposure to pollen
- itchy eyes, throat, ears.
In case if you are looking for supplement support, these are the main supplements that directly affect the histamine and therefore have the potential to reduce the allergy symptoms:
- Vitamin C
- NAC (N-acetyl-cysteine)
- Adrenal support
- Homeopathic preparations made of common allergen
- nasal spray (silver)
Allergens and toxicity
the main reason people are experiencing allergies are the environmental toxins that accumulate in the body.
I had many patients who recovered from allergies just by maintaining a healthy diet and doing detoxification procedures on the regular basis such as coffee enemas, liver flashes, juice cleanses, and colon cleanses.
Allergies and acupuncture
Acupuncture is an amazing tool in helping with allergy symptoms by restoring the energy flow and providing the balance between the major organs that are in Chinese medicine believed to be responsible for allergy symptoms: spleen, small intestine, triple warmer, and liver. If you have chronic allergies, it is recommended to receive 1-2 sessions a week depending on the severity throughout the allergy season or for 6-8 weeks whichever is longer.
Foods that help to relieve congestion due to allergies:
- Cayenne pepper
Keep your house extremely clean during the allergy season:
- make sure you live in a mold free environment because mold tends to get reactivated by allergens
- have HEPA filters in place and change your furnace filters often
- Close your windows during high pollen count days
- Change your pillowcases daily and your sheets weekly
- Take shower after being outside before bedtime including your hair
- Take off your shoes before going inside
- vacuum with a vacuum cleaner that has hepa filter in in. Do it often.
- Make sure to mop the floor and dust with wet cloth to remove the allergens from floor, furniture
Sleep and Allergies
you may find yourself sleeping worse during the allergy season. This is because the mucous membranes are inflamed due to allergens and that may cause temporary sleep apnea, or worsen the existing one. The breathing process is impaired due to blockage caused by swelling and inflammation of the sinuses.
What can you do:
- Always use a nasal spray before going to bed (I suggest silver, or an herbal combination with silver).
- Make sure that you do everything else possible to take care of your sleep: go to bed early, take Melatonin, have WIFI free environment in your bedroom
- Drink some nettle tea in the evening as a natural antihistamine, or take couple extra capsules of quercetin.
8) Eat right for your metabolic type: Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez used to say that people who tend to be prone to allergies usually have more of a carnivore metabolic type, i.e., they require grass fed organic meat. Also, these people tend to be needing more calcium. However, sometimes people may develop what looks like allergies when their adrenal glands are weak. So, if you tend to get allergies, don’t assume automatically that you need to be a carnivore. Let’s figure it out together!
I hope you enjoyed the information.